The BMW Car Club Gauteng was established in 1981 with the sole aim of providing social and competitive activities which appeal to like-minded people, young and old, who have one common passion – The BMW Marque. Our Club, a non-profit organisation which is professionally run by an elected committee, is a Founder Member of BMW Clubs Africa, as well as being a Member of the International Council of BMW Clubs.
Get access to exclusive features & events
The club’s events calendar is designed to offer something for every type of BMW owner or driver. Participation in these events allows BMW owners and drivers to enjoy their vehicles and the BMW lifestyle in a safe, controlled environment with like-minded people. From performance orientated events to classic car events to family fun, there truly is much to choose from.
- Advanced Driver Training and Collision Avoidance Courses
- BMW Factory Tour
- BMW xDrive Off Road Driving Experience
- Breakfast Runs
- Concours Show & Shine Days
- Cryptic Clue Poker Runs
- Dynamic Handling and Top End Runs
- Economy Runs
- Skidpan Autocross Events
- Tar Autocross Events
- High Speed Top-end Runs
- Hijack Prevention Courses
- Time Trial and Racing Series events at Kyalami, Zwartkops, Midvaal, Phakisa and Red Star Raceway
- Social Gatherings (go-karting, Poker nights etc)
- Family Weekends Away
Being a spectator at some of these events is almost as much fun as participating!
Membership of the BMW Car Club Gauteng entitles you to:
- A personalised Membership Card
- BMW Car Club Stickers
- A half-yearly Printed Glossy Magazine
- Electronic Newsletters and latest BMW Related News
- Discounts on select BMW Parts & Accessories at participating BMW Dealerships – Click here for detailed information
- Access to all the latest information on your BMW
- Access to other like-minded people who are passionate about their BMWs
- Eligibility to participate in all of the club events
- Preferential insurance rates with our club partners – Click here contact details, ask for Brett
Free valuation for your rare and classic BMW’s for insurance purposes
Membership for the immediate family (including spouse and children) is R500 per year.
Memberships run from 1 January – 31 December each year.
The club is currently run by chairman Colin van Son who also serves as President of BMW Clubs Africa. He also helps manage the club website content and is sub-editor of the club magazine THE BEEMER.
Vice chairman is Varish Ganpath. John Tallodi is our magazine editor who takes care of all things THE BEEMER. Bernard De Gouveia carries the role of chairman of the Bridgestone BMW Car Club Gauteng Club Racing Series Chairman and is also the Treasurer. The balance of the active committee is made up of Gerhard Botha, Matthew Wadeley, Rupert Giessing, Brett Michaelis, Elvis Mliswa, Dylan Martin, Mpho Diloro, Andreas Meier and Manny Ribeiro. Charine van Son is responsible for all the club’s membership and administration activities.
The committee is elected by the members, and work on a volunteer basis with no financial reward for their immense efforts. It is the passion and dedication of this group that has made the club the success it is today.
Please browse this site which has been designed to provide a general overview of what our Club offers to enhance your sheer driving pleasure. If you would like more information before submitting the on-line application form, please contact the club [email protected].