BMW Motorrad Club Cape Monthly meeting Minutes 26th October 2021 at 19H00 with lucky draw winner Jackie Wiese
- Introduce guest speaker … Sarah Davies, Body Stress Release practitioner at the Milnerton gave an interesting talk on the pressures on the spine while sitting, working and riding. There were a number of questions from the members and her presentation was well received.
- APOLOGIES Andy Froggatt; Craig Less; Anna-Marie; Geoff; Ivor; Theo;
- RATIFICATION OF PREVIOUS MINUTES 28th September 2021
- NEW MEMBERS
|Jan De Bruin||No|
|Kevin Van Blerk||No|
|Nico Janse van Rensberg||No|
Sonja told the meeting a bit about herself and the bike she rides.
- NEW BIKES: Sonja Jacobs
- TRIP REPORTS Cederberg Oasis Relaxed Overnight Ride By: – Carel van der Merwe; Cederberg Vlog … Simon Goves; The Tanka Karoo … Andy Froggatt. Carel and Simon received a club coffee cup.
- PAST RIDES AND EVENTS:
- Off-road trip to Cederberg Oasis 2nd October [fully booked] … Carel chatted to the members about the overnight ride the technical breakdown the back plans and the various incidents experienced on the off-road trip. The various food stops and the good vibe throughout the trip.
- Midweek off-road ride 29th September 2021 … David gave a summary of the trip in Geoff’s absence
- Breakfast ride bike forge, Tulbagh 10th October 2021 … Daleen and various others spoke about the breakfast at Bike Forge, the food was good but the selection limited. A good all-round ride.
- Hogs Back tour 16th to 24th October 2021 … David explained that Geoff took ill and George took over the ride and concluded well. We missed Geoff usual description because he was away and we wish him a speedy recovery.
- Rooiberg Lodge mid-week ride … David summarised based on what Geoff told him. He added that the club would like to offer more of these mid-weeks rides but it would depend on demand and support from club members.
- Laidback @ the Oak & Vigne Café ride 24th October 2021 … Ian gave an account of the breakfast ride and the switching of sweepers and the mirror incident of Gary’s bike. The venue, food and company were great and fun was had by all. This included Daleen on a broom [her new ride!] see the club Facebook page
- Marshal events October … Donavan recounted the marshalling events undertaken by the club marshals. Three big events in a row. He related a lifesaving incident on the CTCT and how the marshals excelled. The Sanlam Cape Town Marathon events and the latest, the Boland 100miler cycle event.
- FUTURE RIDES AND EVENTS:
- Level 1, level 2 and pillion 31 October 2021 … Arno told us about the planned training at Anura. A few people have booked and there is place for more people. Arno spoke to the planning needed with training as well as club events and used the recent Geoff and Carel trips to show how things can continue even in light of unforeseen circumstances. It is down to the wonderful planning put into the event.
- Die Stalle Rawsonville breakfast ride 7th November … David walked us through this ride, although planned some time back the covid restrictions postponed it until now. We look forward to finally riding this one.
- Noordhoek Farm Village, start Donford CT 21st Nov …Rouen discussed this upcoming ride and pointed out a different start point [Donford Cape Town] and the ride will be through Simonstown, Misty Cliffs and on to the venue Noordhoek. Then said there will be a return trip via Chapmans Peak and Camps Bay/Sea Point.
- Marshal Double Century cycle race 27th Nov … Donavan talked about the next marshal event which will be a Friday away and return on Sunday. This is a 200 Km cycle tour; arrangements are been made and we will need a good size team in attendance. This is a marshal event that we get a chance to socialise after the event.
- Tour Du Cap 2nd to 5th December … Donavan told us that this event is returning and we would be involved. It’s a four-day event and will require some careful execution.
- Christmas Holiday overnight ride on/off road. 11th Dec … Ian asked the members who had been to EightBells Hotel and who would like to go? The response was encouraging and he said there would be a tar and off-road choice. There would be opportunity for members families to join us, be it via bike or car. The club would buy the participants a few rounds of drinks. He noted that would be the last overnight ride for this year, a Xmas ride if you like.
- Announcement … Novembers monthly meeting will be at Donford Cape Town, David said that Penny from BMW head office would be our guest speaker and that the club would be enjoying some snacks and drinks compliments of the club. The meeting will be hosted by Donford Cape Town.
- Monthly meeting Lucky draw … Rouen activated the random number which was won by Conrad who kindly offered it back for another draw because he had won before. Another spin and a new winner Jackie Wiese.
Next Meeting – 30th November 2021